Focus Schools deliver a curriculum that:
- Conforms to UK Independent Schools Standards Regulations 2012 requirements in the context of the aims of the schools
- Is designed to maximise student’s abilities and academic achievement. The curriculum aims to meet the needs of all pupils and provides opportunity for at least good or exceptional progress.
- Is underpinned by Curriculum Support Manuals and detailed Schemes of Work.
- Focuses on a core range of subjects and mediums of teaching which facilitate our ethos and our ‘learning to learn’ vision, including the skill of Self Directed Learning, development of Higher Order Thinking Skills, and the creation of Leadership Skills.
- Is designed to foster and support the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of the pupils and to provide opportunity for benefiting the wider community.
- Gives pupils experience in linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technological, human and social, physical and aesthetic and creative education.
- Educates pupils to a level well in excess of examination requirements in any given subject, with opportunity given for further study and/or additional subjects as appropriate, by means of self-directed learning. Students are encouraged to become self-motivated leaders, engaging in deep learning, developing as team players in a rich learning environment.